Berlin

Last week I had the pleasure of meeting up with my dear friends Ali and Brian one last time before they headed back to the US. 

They were in Berlin! So I hopped on the train and met them there for the day.

I took the train from Wolfsburg since Blake drives there for work anyways. It was all going fine, until it wasn't! There was a 30 minute delay to my train. A train arrived about 20 minutes later, so I got on... It said Berlin HBF (my destination), and I paid no attention to anything else. Well, guess what? It wasn't my train! My train was still coming in 10 minutes. Whoops. But, thankfully I did not get in trouble and all was fine! A quick hour and ten minutes later I was there.

Berlin was lovely. It is a HUGE city. But we had great weather, and a full day planned.


We saw museums. The day was packed with a boat tour, and a walking tour. So we didn't have time to go in any of them. But Blake and I have plans to go back. So I am sure you will see a lot more of Berlin!


This is part of one of the museums.

 

Time for a boat tour. :)



Some neat pictures from our boat. It was really fun to sit back, enjoy the sun and see some of the sights!


We were awfully close to some of the bridges. You weren't allowed to stand up when passing. For obvious reasons...they wanted everyone to still have their heads.

After our boat tour, we grabbed a quick lunch and went on a free walking tour! Truthfully, our guide was excellent. He was witty, and kept our attention, all whilst making us laugh. BUT. It was INFORMATION overload. I couldn't keep up. Or half the time I couldn't hear. But all in all it was good!




I found it the most interesting when he talked about the Berlin wall. There is a piece of it. 


We saw some Trabi's. 


We visited the Holocaust Memorial. 

Truthfully, we saw a lot more. But I forgot to take pictures because I was trying very hard to pay attention. And it was 1000 degrees outside. So I will blame the heat on my forgetfulness to photograph. 


The tour ended at the Brandenburg Gate.


I thought this was a lovely picture. 

After our tour ended, we didn't have a whole lot of time before I had to be on the train again. So we walked to the train station, and found a place to eat before I went on my way!

It was a lovely last day with Ali and Brian. It offered a good glimpse of Berlin, but there is much more to see. Look forward to another Berlin post. :)


On the way home, I quickly tried to snap this photo of the VW factory. 


Tomorrow I will be sharing Colmar, France. 

No comments