I'M BACK!!! // Michigan

HELLO!
I have missed you all, and I hope you have missed me too!

But, have no fear. The wait is over. I am back! 

Thank you for being patient with me while the blog took a hiatus. I had an enjoyable trip to Michigan, despite the circumstances. Funerals have a way of bringing people together that haven't been together in a really long time. So I am choosing to focus on that happy aspect. :)

So aside from the sad part. Michigan was rather enjoyable. I saw lots of family and friends. I ate all the foods I missed (Tacos, Nachos, Salsa, MORE tacos... you get the idea), I spoke a lot of English, and I went to Meijer about 10 times. 

Now, back to Blog Business. :)

I am going to share our trip to Stockholm tomorrow! But for today I will share a few photos from the trip home to Michigan!

***Side note*** I am still incredibly jet lagged. My sleep schedule is whacky and therefore my life has been whacky.

Keep Calm Collection - Michigan Home Poster Print  (<a href="http://www.keepcalmcollection.com/michigan-home-poster-print/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">www.keepcalmcolle...</a>)
keepcalmcollection.com
First order of business was to get a hair cut. I really enjoyed explaining what I wanted done in English! I was in the Michigan humidity for all of 24 hours when I decided that the normal trim was out and a hair chop off session was in. 


So yep, thats what I did! And let's be honest, the only true way to show off new hair is a selfie!

The majority of my first week back was spent in preparation of the funeral on Friday.

 

It was a nice service honoring my dad. His ashes were buried with his mom. 


The weekend was spent dog sitting my dog niece and dog nephew!

Viola was happy to see me! :)


Good morning Aunt Riley, please feed me and let me outside! Such sweet dogs. 


I got to watch my little brother play baseball! 


 Bloody Mary's and canoeing with my aunts, cousins and mom!


Went hiking with my dear friend Jennie!


Enjoyed Michigan beer. On more than one occasion. 

I also got to enjoy time with other friends and my grandparents. 

Although the reason for the trip home was a sad one, I made the best out of it!

Join me tomorrow for a post about Stockholm! 




3 comments

  1. Awesome Riley! How do I follow this thing (I swear I'm not old, I know I should know this ��)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, found it below. I blame impatience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am glad you found it! Hope you enjoy :)

      Delete