Friday and the House

House Number 3!!!!

An overwhelming number of you guessed that :)

I think my writing was biased towards the home that we picked!

We get the keys next Wednesday, and we can't wait!!! It really just seemed the most like home, while each house had little bits of greatness, when we walked in there we both just knew! Plus, it really will be nice to have the extra space to accommodate our guests! :)

If you are wondering what we eat everyday, because I know that I would wonder what you all eat everyday if you lived in a hotel, let me tell you.

OUT... we eat out everyday for every meal and we are really really sick of it! What's a girl got to do to get a grilled cheese or some chicken!!! That is another reason we are very, VERY excited to move. So we can cook!

But, the upside of eating out is that we get to try a variety of places and things. My new favorite food here is Flammkuchen - it is bread dough rolled out incredibly thin with crème fraîche cheese and traditional toppings of onions and bacon. It is glory.


Here is my half eaten flammkuchen. If you google translate that it says tarte, so when I ordered it I truly had know idea what I was in store for!

I will post some random pictures from our days, and show you the very cool place we had dinner at last night!



That is the main office at the Volkshochschule - where I registered (attempted to anyways) for German class! 
*** Update on that, the school is full until October, but I need to be in a class in August in order to get a Visa. We chose this school as it is the cheapest. There is a very large increase in refugees here who are taking the spots in the classes. She put me on the waiting list for the class in July and the class in the middle of August, but said it wasn't likely I would get a spot. We paid for the October class and left. After some searching I found another class at Berlitz, which is another language center - but much more commercial (there are even some in the USA) so the cost is much greater. They offer a class starting in August that is more of a German life class, you learn some of the language, but you also learn how to function in society (how to order off a menu, how to write an email, how to fill out forms - all in German), as well as German History and Culture. In order to enroll in this course you have to take a proficiency exam so they can place you in the correct module, I told her I know nothing so I think were good and she said I still have to take the exam. I go to Berlitz next Thursday at 8am to do just that. After I take the oral and written German test and they see that I was IN FACT not making it up that I can't speak or write in German they will let me register for the course. This course is not too expensive and is going to be the perfect alternative that we need! Next Friday, at 8:30 am I go back to the Braunschweig City Hall with all of my papers and hope they give me a Visa!***

We went to I-Vent Braunschweig last night with our friend Vanessa! This restaurant sits at the very top of a 17 story building! You take an elevator up to the top, and you are seated amongst the glass restaurant. You can see for miles, it was really lovely! What was so different about it was that restaurants like this in the US you see buildings, here it was just so green! I loved the change. 



The restaurant was a Spanish tapas place, so the title of the food was in Spanish and the description in German. I was really screwed! Thankfully Vanessa and Blake came to my rescue. In the US tapas are usually pretty small, so I ordered 3. Well these were huge, I probably could've gotten away with 2. 


Was all pretty tasty! I was not a fan of the top left, I clearly missed the description. 


That's all for today folks!!! We are off to Prague for the holiday weekend here in Germany! I won't be blogging until Tuesday next week - but then I will tell you all about our time in Prague!

Enjoy your weekends, and thank you for reading! <3


No comments