Amsterdam Day 2

Today I am sharing day 2 in Amsterdam. It promised some beautiful weather and we were ready to take FULL advantage of no rain. 

If you missed day 1 you can read it here.

I was planning on doing days 2 and 3, but the post was just too long! I will share day 3 tomorrow. :)

At 9am we all walked together to breakfast. We were headed to The Lobby. It is near the De Wallen neighborhood and close to The Dam Square. Ali and I had read about this place before we even left, so it had some big shoes to fill!



Some neat pictures on our way to breakfast.


The latte was amazing! And they gave you free water. So this place already had an A+ in my book!


They're known for their Eggs Benedict, and I am pretty sure I know why. It was amazing! So delicious. If you find yourself in Amsterdam, make time to come here for breakfast!


Blake ordered American pancakes with bacon! Also very good!

With full bellies, we were off for a full day!


First up, The Dam Square.


Across from The Square.


There was a prayer taking place right next to The Square.

 

We walked by Amsterdam Centraal. 


Group picture, minus Ali!


A church.


Canals.

 

Ali and I. 




Blake and I.



We stumbled upon a sculpture garden that had the MOST amazing flowers. 


House boats! If we ever visit Amsterdam again, we will do our best to stay in house boat on a canal!


A park with a waterfall.


The craziest trees I've ever seen!


The Rijksmuseum.




The A!


Blake and Brian climbed to the top. 


Thank heavens for selfie sticks!


So, many, people!


I spy with my little eye: FOOD TRUCKS! 


Yum. Little mini pancakes.


And macaroons!

After this we stopped near Ali and Brian's hotel for lunch. We grabbed a blanket they brought and headed to Vondel Park to enjoy the sunshine!


But first, a selfie!



Beers in the park!

We relaxed in this park for quite a while. They had live music, and a nice pond. 

Brian and Ali headed out to get ready for their dinner cruise, and Blake and I did the same! We were all going on evening canal cruises!

 
The start of the cruise!


These are the dancing houses! They are all so crooked and look to be dancing.


A Chinese restaurant!


The water was so calm.


It was an awesome experience to be on the water at night!

After the cruise we all met back up and walked through the Red Light District. What a sight that was! We actually walked right through it earlier in the day, but hadn't even realized. It undergoes a complete transformation from day to night!

We headed out to the bar to see what the Amsterdam night life was like, and it offered up some great people watching! After a few drinks and some excellent music we headed back to our hotels for a good nights rest.


Ali took this photo from her Fitbit the next morning. Day 2 (Sunday) we walked 16 miles! No wonder my feet were sore.

Please join me tomorrow for day 3!



No comments