June and Wolfenbüttel



HELLO JUNE. Come on everyone, say it with me. Summer is here!

Today in Braunschweig it is sad and rainy. I walked to the grocery store, in the rain. But guess what, I am still super stoked that it is June!!! I am going to try something new. :) At the beginning of each month I am going to share with you a few goals that I have, and then at the end I will let you know how successful I was. I am doing this to hold me accountable to my goals, and I encourage you all to share your monthly goals with me!

My June goals are:

1. Read 5 new books: I want to read a lot more this month. I want to turn the TV off, stash away the computer, put down my phone and read. I want to dive into some really good books!

2. Workout at least 5 days: I brought some really great workout DVDs with me to Germany, and I want to commit to them. Some of the workout sessions are only 25 minutes long, leaving plenty of time in my day to do other things. I am really going to try to do one workout M-F.

3. Plan vacations: I want to think longer than just the few weeks ahead. I want to plan out some places for us to go that are further out then next weekend. I need to sit down and just hash it out, do the research, book the tickets, reserve a room, just really sit down and knock some vacation planning out!

4. Enjoy the outdoors: I want to spend at least 30 minutes outside everyday, even if it is raining.

These are my short term goals this month! Here's to hoping I can accomplish them! Some of them are things I should be doing anyways, but writing them down and having them at the top of my mind each day are going to ensure that at 7pm if I haven't read, I will, or if I haven't enjoyed the outdoors, I can get up and go do that!

Now I want to share with you this cute little town we went exploring in yesterday!

Wolfenbüttel

Wolfenbüttel is about 20 minutes from Braunschweig, it is a small old town that wasn't destroyed during the war because it was the area where they would bring all the sick or wounded. Much of the buildings are original! It was just a beautiful quaint little town that I was happy to explore!

We met up with our friend Vanessa for one of her last nights in Germany. It was very bittersweet, but we are happy she gets to move back to DC!



The castle! There is also a University in there. How neat to attend class everyday in a place so beautiful.



The smallest house in Wolfenbüttel! Blake could touch both ends of the house at the same time. Isn't it cute?



The main street through the town. No cars allowed. :)



Cute houses and buildings.



One of the many churches in town.

For dinner we ate at a very cool restaurant. The outside portion was sand and inside it was all wood, with doors that opened so you felt like you were outside. It was raining, so we ate inside.



I had Flammkuchen... of course!



And a beer. :)

No post this Friday. Blake and I are attending a 'Welcome to Germany' seminar that VW is holding.

Then this weekend we're off to Cologne. Can anyone say Kölsch!

Ciao!

No comments