Friday Favorites!


Today is Friday! YAHOO! Today I am doing something a little different. I am doing a link up with some of my favorite bloggers!!! Every Friday they host this series where any blog can link up and just share their favorite things for the week. 





This is a favorite of mine this week because of the serious truth it holds!!! Don't know what I would do with out my coffee. And boy is it good here in Europe!



Image result for primark logo:

This is another favorite of mine this week, because this week is the first time I ever stepped foot in this store.
Let me try and describe what this is... they have everything from women's clothes to home goods, to baby stuff. And it is cheap! Amazing fashions, low prices. That I can get on board with. They first opened in Dublin, and now they have 270 stores in nine countries! I had never heard of this store in the US, but there is actually one in Boston!

I went there this week, and I got some great stuff! Stuff that at a normal store would have easily cost my 3x as much!

It was a fun outing for me, and my bag was so filled that I had to walk my bike home.
#ShoppingProblems
#BlakeIsGonnaKillMe



Amsterdam!

We leave tomorrow, and I am so excited for a multitude of reasons!
We get to see a good friend of mine from the US! Which is going to be very exciting! They are kicking off a European vacay, and are letting us crash their first stop!
WE GET TO GO TO AMSTERDAM! A city filled with canals, good food, and new cultures! I am thrilled to pieces. We also booked an evening canal cruise! I couldn't be more excited.
It will be my first time riding the trains in Europe. So that is kind of fun also. :)
#IsIt7amYet?
#MyBagIsPacked



This quote I read in the Rick Steves Germany 2016 book is a favorite of mine this week. (If you plan on going anywhere, buy a Rick Steves book. Seriously, do it. You can thank me later.)

"We travel all the way to Germany to enjoy differences—to become temporary locals. You'll experience frustrations. Certain truths that we find "God-given" or "self-evident," such as ice in drinks, bottomless cups of coffee, "the customer is king," and bigger being better, are suddenly not so true. One of the benefits of travel is the eye-opening realization that there are logical, civil, and even better alternatives. A willingness to go local ensures that you'll enjoy a full dose of German hospitality." - Rick Steves

Let's take a moment to hand it to Rick Steves, cause he nailed that one on the head!!!
I think the general message can also be applied to everything we do in life. That perhaps, there may be a different way (or thought) than your own and that is okay. Just remember to always be kind.

I am truly thankful each and every day for the opportunity to be on this journey.



Finally, my last but not least favorite is Downton Abbey! Yeah, yeah you heard me right. But really. I started this series over from the beginning (thank you Amazon Prime) and I watch one episode while I eat my breakfast. They seriously make me giggle. Such good humor. I know my Grandma Cathie will appreciate this one. :)

I love the verbal sparring that goes on between these two!:

I mean seriously how can you not love them!!!

That is all for today! Join me Tuesday to read all about Amsterdam Day 1!


No comments